Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Discipline

We try to teach our boys to have good manners, self-control and respect for other people. Discipline is necessary. Several things work well for Brodey. Not so much with Brock. Almost every time I've put him in time-out in his room (2 minutes or less) he has fallen asleep. He has never complained about being there. If I pop him on the hand for touching something he shouldn't he will seriously smile and hold out the other hand. Last night at dinner he was yelling and causing a ruckus so I turned his chair around to face the wall for a couple of minutes. This would have been devastating to Brodey... fascinating to Brock. He studied the wall like it was the most interesting thing he had seen all day. After his 2 minutes were up and he was still sitting there quietly I asked him if he was ready to come back to the table with the rest of us... "no mom". He enjoyed his punishment so much he wanted to stay! How do we teach this child?? Jeff is so amused by Brock he can't even sit at the table when I'm trying to discipline him because he can't keep from laughing. They absolutely have the same personality.

No comments: