Wednesday, September 2, 2009

5 day a week preschool

I've wondered how this day was going to go. 1st day of 5-day-a-week preschool. Big time. We have been talking about school for a couple of weeks trying to get him excited... he wasn't buying it. Which surprised me because he LOVED school last year. Even the night before he was saying he wanted to stay home with mommy. However the morning of the big day he was a whole new kid! Couldn't wait for school! I mentioned at 8:04am that today was the big day, and by 8:07am he was done with breakfast, dressed, shoes on, teeth brushed and ready to go! Then for the next 40 minutes he asked me repeatedly "Is it time to go yet??".
I did not intend to post ALL of these pictures... but they are so funny to me. I especially love Brock's expression...






On the way to school I hear Brodey say under his breath "I can't wait to get to school!". At his school they encourage parents to go through the car pool line.... but this was the first day! I was walking him in whether they liked it or not. Here he is waiting outside....

Such a big boy now!

We (me, Brock and Lyla) walked him to his classroom and he marched right in, put his folder in the basket and his bag in his cubby and got right to work. His teacher made him come back and give me a hug. I think she could tell I wasn't leaving without one. When he hugged me he said "I love you sooooo much mom." I cried. He laughed and went right back to work.

And then Brock was mad he didn't get to stay.

But we made it. It was a good day. He was all smiles when we picked him up and even complained he didn't get to stay very long. I asked who he played with... he didn't know. So I started naming some of the kids in his class, I named a couple of girls and he says:

"mom. I don't play with the girls."

Me: "why"

him: "I don't like girls. well... I like Lyla beans... but not big girls. They don't play fun like the boys."


1 comment:

Jessica Cannon said...

Kirkland never knows who the kids at school are either!! What is that?!?

I'm glad he had a good day!!