My friend Davis just posed a question about food cravings during pregnancy on her blog. This is the second time her and I have been pregnant at the same time and I know without a doubt if there is one person who understands the importance and urgency of the phrase "I have to have ________ right now" it's Davis. (I can remember frantically searching the Internet for a Pizza Hut with a salad bar and giving her directions over the phone when she was pregnant with her daughter... it was important.)
Anyhow... to answer the question... with Brodey it was Big Macs (I know.. disgusting) and vegetable fried rice. With Brock it was corn dogs and coleslaw. This third pregnancy has been all over the board. Basically if I see it on TV I have to have it immediately. Rachel Ray made potato soup one afternoon.. I had to call my mom to go find some. The next day Curious George ate a Banana Cream pie... several phone calls and an hour long trip in traffic later, my brother-in-law brought me one (what a guy, right??). A couple of weeks ago I woke up from a dead sleep and begged Jeff to run out and get me a barbecue pork sandwich with lots of coleslaw on top. I've also eaten several boxes of frozen strawberries and Moe's burritos (without meat). Yesterday I ate a whole box of girl scout cookies by myself. Anything tossed in wing sauce sounds fantastic. This may well be the pregnancy that I gain 200 lbs. (Assuming all these things start staying down.) ;)
teetering
6 years ago





4 comments:
Un-believeable. I'm cracking up. Who would know that that little bitty body of yours could handle those cravings! And I'll be right there with you on The Biggest Loser when it's all said & done ;).
Davis
MEE TOOO! I didn't want to post about it b/c well I just don't want to talk about weight ... so far (and I have no clue how) I've only gained 3 pounds. the other day I saw an outback commercial ... grabbed my keys and went to get some cheese fries ... only the MOST FATENING CALORIE loaded food out there! :)
well, just to report that i finished 2 grapefruit & now am crunching on sunflower seeds. I have an "earthy" kids growing in me. Or at least that's what the cravings are saying at this moment.
Hmmmm I am trying to think of a way to incorporate wing sauce into a vegetable dish, but to be honest it's making me want to vomit. So you're on your own. I'm still with grapefruit. Actually cut one for me & lu this morning for breakfast. She LOVED it! Which is great....but now i have to get stingy with my grapefruit. And I feel guilty about that.
Post a Comment