Today Brodey was hugging my belly and started yelling "BABY!! Come out of there already!!". Then he looked at me and said "when is this baby going to come out??". So I asked him how he thought the baby was going to get out of there (risky question, I know). Here's Brodey's 3.5 year old take on childbirth:
"First daddy is going to get a big knife and cut your belly off (there were hand motions with this explanation) and then the baby will be out!" Big smile.
Me: "but Brodey.. won't that hurt????"
Him: "well yeah, but I will bring you a band-aid and it will feel better."
Me: "don't you think I should go to the hospital for that and have the doctor do it?"
Him: "NO! Daddy can do it."
We left it at that.
I for one am thankful that is not how this baby is coming out.
teetering
6 years ago





3 comments:
Ryan thinks the baby is coming out of my mouth. he has asked me several times when we are going to the hospital for the baby to come out of my mouth ....
Amnio is monday at 8:30 ... pray those lungs are developed. I'm having contractions though so maybe she will come before then ....
I wish I could have seen the hand motions :)
25 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelieveable! I am dying to know what you are having!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment