Me: "Brock! You have a sister!"
Brock: "see my motorcycle?"
The men working outside were much more exciting to them.
Brock was too busy checking out the hospital. He loved to push the buttons on the bed. I'm not sure he knew why we were there. At one point Jeff was holding Lyla and talking to her and I look over and Brock is standing face to face with a floor fan saying, "Hi fan!" in much the same voice Jeff was taking to Lyla in.

It wasn't until we got in the car to come home that he realized we had an extra. He looked over in her car seat and got really excited.. "BABY!" he kept yelling and pointing. He was excited she was coming with us.
Since we have been home the boys have loved all over her. Neither one of them seems to be jealous. The want to hold her all the time and kiss her head. They are both still calling her a "he" or "him".... we all are! I still can't get used to saying "she". And they don't understand why she's not sleeping in their room with them. Or why I won't put her down to run around with them. I told Brodey she can't stand up yet and he said, "well, lets just try it and see".
Lyla is the luckiest girl in the world to have two big brothers! Especially these two... they are going to take great care of her.





1 comment:
LOVE seeing the photos of the boys with her. our boys are much the same ... IN LOVE with their sister. Ryan keeps telling everyone about her and then he will tell them "I'll send you a picture" --- random people we don't even know ... so cute!
Post a Comment