Monday, March 2, 2009

Sadie's Vacation

Our dog Sadie got out Saturday morning and went for a little run around the neighborhood. She's not one to run away and usually just stays right around the house and will scratch on the door when she's ready to come in. This time she went a bit further, out to the busier road close to our house. A nice couple saw her laying on the side of the road and thought she had been hit by a car so they took her to an Animal Hospital. Then they went door to door in our neighborhood with a picture of her trying to find her owners. Unfortunately by the time they got to us the Animal Hospital had closed for the weekend and we couldn't get her back or know if she was okay until this morning! She was fine, it's likely she just laid down and took a nap on the side of the road... her poor judgement on napping location cost us $220! Oh well... we are happy to have her back and glad she's not hurt. The boys missed her so much over the weekend!


***side note: While I was posting this Brodey ran over to me upset because his gum fell out of his mouth and Sadie ate it. A couple of minutes later he came back with it back in his mouth! He said, "She dropped it so I grabbed it weal (real) quick and ate it!" Gross.

3 comments:

Lyndsay said...

$220!?!?! Man, it could have been a WHOLE lot more than that though!!! Silly Sadie!!!!

Ashleigh said...

I know! I voted for acting like we had never seen her before if it came to over $500. hahahha :)

Anonymous said...

220 is bonkers!! but yes atleast she wasnt hurt!! I have a feeling Bru will break loose one day and probably make it to another state....no telling how much that will cost!!!