
Yesterday I went to
Brodey's school for a Mother's Day Tea Party. This was a "No Siblings" party so Brock and
Lyla stayed with
Gramma so
Brodey and I could have a special time together. And I had to wear a dress...
Brodey loved that I wore a dress. So cute! We had a very nice time... the kids had made us mom's
place mats with some questions and answers they filled out about us. (I took pictures... but will have to wait to upload them).
Brodey knew my name, said my favorite thing to do was to "play with his red rocket bike" and his favorite thing to do with me was to "play buzz
lightyear". He also said I was
41 years old. I'm not. I'm 27. I was so impressed when he guessed daddy's age to be 37 (he's 36)... but now that he has guessed me to be OLDER than Jeff I'm no longer impressed. 41???
I think maybe I deserved this insult as I have not been a very stellar mom lately. Just today, on his very last day of 3 year old preschool, I locked my keys in the car. Didn't realize it until 11:50pm (the EXACT time I was supposed to be ALREADY at the school picking him up). To make it worse I'm driving my MOM'S car so I didn't have the spare key just laying around for me to run inside and grab. Four frantic phone calls later I got in touch with a neighbor who ran over to sit with Brock and
Lyla while I took her car to pick up
Brodey. (Luckily she has a grandchild
Brodey's age so she had a
carseat already in the car) Yeah... he
definitely was in tears when I finally showed up to get him half an hour late. (I called the school.. and they tried to explain to him, but I think he still thought I wasn't coming) What a great way to end the school year... and going into
Mother's Day weekend! I fully expect to not get a gift this year.

Anyhow.. we leave for the beach in the morning! I plan to redeem myself with lots of sand castles, swimming, playing trucks (and buzz
lightyear), ice cream and staying up late watching movies. Pictures when we get back...
2 comments:
if it makes you feel better...I have WHITE and GREY hair and I'm FIVE YEARS OLD!!!!!!!! There's no hope for mes
I LOVE the pic of you and Brod! Too cute!
Post a Comment