Tuesday, June 16, 2009

T-Ball practice

T-ball is just getting more and more entertaining. For the first half of practice NEITHER one of them wanted to participate AT ALL. Daddy had to stand out there with them just to keep them from running off the field.
Then they had to potty so they threw their gloves down and marched off.. right in the middle of practice! I took a picture of their gloves deserted out there in the outfield.
They must have had a serious conversation with daddy in the bathroom about their participation because they were gone a long time and when they came back they did MUCH better.

They both did really well hitting the ball off the Tee and running the bases. They even fielded (is that a word??) the ball a couple of times!

Brock got a little distracted while waiting for a ball to come his way.... I imagine that will happen a lot.

Brock was also very disappointed to learn he had to run to 1st base instead of running after the ball when he hit it. He had a minor meltdown the first time the other kids beat him to the ball, but eventually ran to 1st. (and it was hilarious. I LOVE the way he runs)

Brodey would give me a big thumbs up every time he successfully made it to the correct base. Love it.
They finished out strong with a huddle and a big "GO BRAVES!" at the end. Both said they had a fun time.. hopefully they will keep getting better at participating from here!

1 comment:

Lyndsay said...

There is definitely nothing more entertaining than watching those boys play. I could serioulsy watch Brocky run for DAYS. That cracks me up every time. I cannot wait till their first game!!