Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July!

Friday night, July 3rd, we went to the Kennesaw fireworks with several friends. The boys had a great time and they all.... even Lyla... loved the fireworks! As an extra special treat the boys got to have their first ever slumber party afterwards... their buddy Logan and his family came and spent the night with us. The boys all slept in sleeping bags on the floor and had such a blast. It was so cute to listen to them the next morning chatting about their favorite fireworks from the night before.

Lyla tried her first ever ice cream popsicle waiting for the fireworks to start. She loved it.. of course.
And I just like this picture.... :) haha
Logan and Brodey in their star shirts

Mama Gann brought sparklers... the boys didn't want to hold them but had fun watching everyone else with them.
When the fireworks started Brock was in awe. His face was SOOOO CUTE.. I wish I would have gotten a better picture. After I took this one he moved across the street with daddy to get a better view and Brodey sat in Mr. Clint's lap.
After staying up so late we got up early, had breakfast with our slumber party friends and then decided to skip nap and head to Gramma's to swim. From there we went to our friends Andy and Kristen's for a cookout. I took the following pictures to document how ridiculously tired they all were.
Don't they look excited??

Really we should have known better than to take three insanely tired children to a cookout after so much excitement already... but we went anyway! I have no pictures from that part of the night because with all the chaos pictures were the last thing on my mind. In short, Brodey jumped in the pool.. pulled the pool vacuum up to the surface and then SOAKED Lyla and I with the vacuum hose. (In true Lyla form, she was not fazed at all.. even though we were BOTH completely soaking wet.) When we finally gave up and called it a night we left VERY un-gracefully with three screaming children and armloads of bags/blankets/shoes/clothes and dropping things left and right. Not our finest moment. (but makes me smile to think about! ha!)
We got home and bathed the kids... put 2 out of three to bed and then Jeff and Brodey went back out to watch fireworks on the lake. I don't know anything about this part of the night (I was blissfully asleep within minutes of them leaving!)... but these are a few of the pictures Jeff came home with...


Happy 4th of July!!

No comments: