Monday, April 19, 2010

Meeting the siblings

Lucy was born on Wednesday, but we waited until Thursday morning to bring the older kids in to meet her. Thanks to some powerful pain killers, I probably have rosier memories of this morning than Jeff does. I do seem to remember a lot of noise and chaos. And Jeff coming back later without the kids and stating that he really could have used some coffee before attempting to wrangle 3 kids and a newborn in a tiny hospital room. But look at that smile on Lyla... she was THRILLED to have a baby sister!


And Brock... what to even say about him?? He wanted to hold "baby Lucy" the most.






Brodey hung back a little more than the other two... I think it would have helped had I had Lucy dressed and ready when they came in. He took one look at her umbilical cord stump and was just too worried about her hurting to be able to touch her. The IV port still in my arm was a little much for him also... such a protector, that Brodey!












I love everyone's personality showing in this one: Brodey - worried, Brock - being silly, and Lyla - just pure excitement!













sweet big sister














They all loved rubbing her soft little head






























daddy and his girls

1 comment:

Karis Harber said...

I LOVE the pics! Looks like fun! I am so impressed with the shirts! Love you! Karis