Thursday, April 10, 2008

I am a girl.

I am not a princess, or the girliest-girl you will ever meet... but most definitely a girl. It becomes more apparent with the more boys we bring into this house. And the older they get. My hobbies include: knitting, sewing, gardening, cooking and painting (and not the roller to the wall kind of painting my husband so much enjoys). Sometimes we laugh about how much I have in common with elderly women. I'm okay with that. I used to claim to like to fish... turns out what I like about fishing is sitting on the boat. I will not bait a hook. I will not touch a fish. I like casting, reeling and sitting. At the pet store I can't even walk by the rats or mice without gaging. Bugs, lizards, snakes.. all disgusting. Boys love these things.... they like to TOUCH these things. Boys love to be dirty, play rough and find great humor in announcing when they "scooter-toot". Yesterday I caught Brodey standing on the curb, FACING THE STREET, with his pants down relieving himself right there in front of the neighbors. It takes WEEKS to teach a boy to use the potty... yet no one has to teach them how to use a tree, the yard, or even the road. Would the "there are some places it's not appropriate to go potty" conversation even need to be had with a girl?? I wouldn't know. It's odd that God has given me two boys... and what is feeling like a third. Even more odd how much I ENJOY living with all these boys (aside from the bathrooms). Maybe it's because of how much I truly look forward to living in an assisted living home and won't need a daughter to take care of me when I'm old. Boys are fun. Very amusing.

No comments: