Sunday, April 19, 2009

Play date

Brodey went on his first ever play date without me on Thursday. Joey's mom (Brodey's most favorite buddy from school.. the one with the "big yellow hair") first asked if Brodey could come over sometime around the kids Valentine's party. Apparently Joey talks about Brodey as much as Brodey talks about Joey. I don't know Joey's family so I wasn't thrilled about the idea. Since then I have talked to Joey's mom several times on the phone and of course had seen her at every school event. She's a very nice lady. Joey even sent Brodey a postcard from his vacation in Arizona... mail is a big hit in this house. So finally (after secretly driving by Joey's house) we agreed on a date. I dropped him off after school and she was going to drive him home after two hours.
One hour in I called to check on him.... no answer. I left a message and then waited 10 minutes. In a semi-panic I called my sister and Jeff to to see if I should yank Brock and Lyla up from their naps and go check on things (did I mention I was nervous?), but before I could do that she called me back. Everything was fine.. they were outside.
Anyhow.. he made it home fine.... had a blast. And now when we pass Joey's neighborhood Brodey yells "member when I played at Joey's house???!!! I should do that again!!"

1 comment:

Lyndsay said...

You crack me up Ash!!!