Brodey is full of questions. And they come at the most random times... last night he looked up from his dinner and asked (with such a serious face): "Mom, tell me the truth, are you an alien?".
A couple of days ago in the car he asked what Heaven looked like. I told him I didn't know and he says: "Do you think it will be all yellow? Yellow just all over the place?" I heard him ask Jeff the same question tonight while I was bathing Lucy.
He came running down the stairs the other day and said: "mom! I need a box!" Me: "for what?" Brodey: "to make a tv for my head." (as he's holding out his hands as if to say, duh mom.. what else would I use a box for???)
Lyla is talking more and more. My most favorite thing she says right now is "I yuv (love) you" she kind of sings it... soo cute. She continues to love to sleep. Every afternoon when it's getting close to nap time I'll ask if she's ready for a nap and she'll say "yesh" and run to her crib. When I get her all tucked in she'll point to me and say "I yuv you!" in her little singing voice. Then I when I get to the door I'll look back and she'll be pulling down her bumper pad so she can see me with out lifting her head and point to me through the crib rails saying it again. "I yuv yooouuu!" Even as I'm walking away in the hallway she'll be yelling it from her crib.. "I yuv yoooouuu!" It's enough to make want to go running back in there and hop in that crib with her and snuggle her all afternoon. I yuv you too Lyla beans.
Lucy on the other hand... not a big fan of the sleeping. She's doing okay at night.. usually only waking up once... but NOT A FAN of napping. At least not in her crib. She likes to be held or in her swing. I wish I could be more accommodating for her, but with 800 loads of laundry to do, a million dishes to wash and someones gotta vacuum up all that sand the boys keep tracking in (do we live at the beach?? It's like having all the drawbacks and none of the perks). But I do get to sneak in some snuggle time with her.. all that other stuff can wait. She smiles and coos and snuggles that little nose into my cheek and she wins. It is just ridiculous how cute her short little arms and tiny little hands are. She's losing all her dark hair so she's got a crazy little hair line going, not to mention a rough case of baby acne... but she is still just totally beautiful. I yuv you too Lucy Rae.
Brock is just as crazy as ever. I took him to the doctor on Monday because he woke up with a large, painful, tumor-ish thing near his ear. The doctor suspects mumps (even though his been vaccinated)... I suspect the other option she gave me.. something about a saliva gland.. can't remember exactly. Anyhow.. I have to wait on the test results before I can leave the house with him. So tomorrow, on my birthday, I'll be waiting on clearance from the CDC before I can go out and celebrate. Definitely didn't see that coming. Until then we are in lock down at the Culp house. Weird, I know. (but I will say I was BEYOND impressed with how well he did for the blood test.. three vials of blood and he held still and fought back the tears for the whole ordeal. Such a tough kid. The lab tech said she normally has to call in at least 2 nurses to hold down kids his age.) Anyhow... in the meantime I'm watching him jump off the couch and run around the backyard. I would bet a large amount of money on him not having mumps... but I will keep him in quarantine for a few more days to be sure.
teetering
6 years ago





1 comment:
Lyla!!! How sweet!!! I'm SO with you on jumping into her crib and snuggling with that sweet girl!
Post a Comment