Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Brodey, the big kid

Few special things about our big Brodey:

He learned to swim last summer but could only swim short distances and mostly under water. Last week we went to a friends pool and all the big boys were swimming without floats and Brodey wanted to also. It's not too big of a pool, but there is no shallow end at all and I was nervous. I let him anyway and he did so great! Suddenly he can swim a pretty good distance above water, tread water, and even float on his back! All without formal swim lessons. He has no fear of jumping off the diving board and does not need to hold his nose. Way to go Brodey!

Brock must have an incredibly large bladder because he can drink glass after glass of water before bed and be dry in the morning without getting up in the middle of the night. Brodey on the other hand can't have anything to drink after 6pm and we still have to wake him up to potty around 10 or 11 when we go to bed to avoid wet sheets. The other night I took him to potty and he was still very much asleep. So asleep that he stood in the bathroom, took off ALL his clothes, and then STEPPED into the toilet. I must have been asleep too because I stood there watching him and didn't think to stop him until he almost had both feet in. The next night he left the bathroom and walked into Lyla's room and tried to crawl into her crib. Middle of the night potty runs are so entertaining to me.

He has his very first loose tooth! So weird. Bottom front. I can't believe he's old enough for that.

He is also riding his bike without training wheels. We haven't been very good about teaching him, so I was really surprised when he broke out a wrench the other day and removed the training wheels BY HIMSELF and then hopped on it and rode down the driveway. I literally stood there with my mouth open speechless. What is more shocking... his wrenching using abilities or bike riding skills??

In just two weeks we'll be sending him to kindergarten. Not that he needs it... he's obviously already a genius. Too bad it's the law.. I'd much rather keep him around here to shock and amaze me with all his smartness.

No comments: