Monday, July 19, 2010

Little things


** In the movie Toy Story all the toys have the boy's name on the foot "Andy"... today I noticed Lyla has "BRODEY" written on the bottom of her foot. With permanent marker, no less. I have no idea how he got a hold of a permanent marker, or how he got her to hold still for so long.... but I do think it's pretty funny. No one has claimed Lucy yet.

** Today in Target Lyla walked up and down the toy isle saying "OOOOOHHH! HI baby!!!" to all of the baby dolls and patting them on the head. The boys and I just stood back and watched... such a little cutie.

** The boys attended Vacation Bible School at a local Church last week. On the last day they had a little production and sang all their songs and did the hand motions for us parents. (Brock stood up there with a completely blank expression for the whole thing... that surprised me) Anyhow, the Church gave all the kids a CD of the songs they learned so we've been listening to it a lot in the car. Lyla sings (or tries to) right along with the boys and even tries the hand motions. It's soooo funny to watch in the rear view mirror. She reminds me of Brock when I would bring him to Brodey's preschool parties and he would jump right in with the singing even though he didn't know what he was doing.

** Me and the boys made some paper airplanes and they were running around the house throwing them and laughing.. so Lyla grabbed a crumpled up napkin and joined the fun. Yes, a crumpled up napkin. And she was laughing and having just as much fun as the boys. Why do we have toys??

2 comments:

Ann said...

So cute! I love the "Brodey" on Lyla's foot! Would you burn me a copy of the VBS cd?? Logan loves those songs and they didn't give us one :(!

Matt & Kadie Laughlin said...

Oh Ashleigh! I LOVE the foot story!! Your kids are precious!