Since Jeff had to stay back to take Brock to his first day of Preschool, Aunt Lyndsay and Uncle Myles came with Lyla and I for her surgery. Lyndsay had a camera in her purse, so we had a pretty fun time documenting the day. We all had to wear name tags, mine said "Lyla's Mom" and theirs said "Lyla's Aunt" and "Lyla's Uncle". I thought that was cute. Myles was a fan too, as you can tell.

When we got to our little pre-op room Lyla starting getting a little nervous. I think we all were. She was very quiet all morning.
When the nurse came in to give her Tylenol (which we were charged $70 for!! Had I known, I would have brought my own!!) and her hospital gown she started crying. Poor baby.
But then they let her go pick out a toy from the toy chest and she was happy with her play-dough... she broke off a chunk and handed it to me for "uncle My-nles"... so funny, he must have looked bored or nervous or something.
I carried her into the operating room... little more upsetting than I anticipated. There were so many people in there... and that big giant bed I had to put her on. Then she got upset and I had to hold her down while they put her to sleep.. seriously upsetting. I thought for sure she would be traumatized over that. Thankfully the surgery went really fast so we didn't have any time to worry. I feel REALLY bad for parents who have to wait through much more serious surgeries.She was still asleep when they brought her back and the nurse told us she would be really upset when she woke up. Not Lyla! She was as sweet as she could be when she woke up. We were out of there pretty quick after that. I was so thankful Lyndsay and Myles were there with us.. such a huge help and they were both so calm and reassuring when I came back all upset over having to hold her down.
Anyhow.. glad it's over. Hopefully it worked and we won't have to do it again!!
I know this last picture is kind of gross, but I had to post it anyway! (not sure which is grosser, her eye or the butter from her toast all over her face???)







2 comments:
I wonder how much they charged you for the play doh...at least $99. Can NOT believe the price of the tylenol-OBNOXIOUS!!!!! Her eye looked a million times better than usual (no dripping at all!!) last weekend--I'm thinking it is fixed for sure!!
That is the worlds most expensive hospital robe, but Lyla sure looked cute wearing it!! :)
Post a Comment