YES! Finally, after two straight days of blogging, I am caught up. I hope I never get that far behind again! Whew.
Few things:
I went to Brock's parent teacher conference last week and she was again singing his praises: "...so well behaved.... plays so nice with his friends... so polite.. works so hard... always obedient...." I was of course shocked (super proud, but shocked). Then she goes to say that she asked him if he's so well behaved at home and he whispers (with a smirk), "no.. I am crrrrraaaa-zy at home." I laughed so hard! At least he's honest.
Took Brock to the dentist and overheard this:
Dentist: "What is your name??"
Brock: "Brock-y"
Dentist: "humm.. Brock-y, do you have any brothers and sisters?"
Brock: "Yep, Brodey, Beans and Sushi"
Brock is still REALLY traumatized over frosting. He runs screaming when I put Lyla in cupcake pajamas, has asked me several times if I'm going to put frosting on Lucy's birthday cake next week.. and today when I told him it was Uncle Myles' birthday he got a horrified look on his face and asked if Myles was going to eat frosting. I bought him a "frosty" from Wendy's and he wouldn't eat it because he thought I said "frosting" and he couldn't stop thinking about it. Poor buddy. I wonder if he'll ever get over his queasy-ness to frosting!
Lucy's new favorite things: emptying the dishwasher onto the floor, and playing in the toilet. When we bust her and she hears us coming she really starts splashing.. it's almost like she's trying to jump in there. So gross. Even grosser... Jeff doesn't think it's gross! Last time she did it he wasn't even going to change her wet shirt! Gross.
Beans sometimes says words with all her letters mixed up. And it's so cute that I never correct her! (I know, terrible.. I can't help it) My favorite right now is: Pa-chack, would you ever know what she was saying??? Chapstick! I love it.
She also loves to have her fingernails and toenails painted. Also loves playing in mud and jumping on the bed.
Last night Brodey sat down and read a whole book to me. HE read to ME. Amazing. The book was: How do Dinosaurs Get Well Soon. (Thank you Clint and Kristin.. it's still a favorite!) I'm so proud of him and can't believe he is reading! And loosing teeth left and right, and according to our giant ruler.. he seems to have grown 3 inches since school started. 3 inches!
Anyhow.. can't end without a picture! Jeff found Lyla like this last night... asleep with her feet on the floor and her head on her bed!??? Sweet girl.

I went to Brock's parent teacher conference last week and she was again singing his praises: "...so well behaved.... plays so nice with his friends... so polite.. works so hard... always obedient...." I was of course shocked (super proud, but shocked). Then she goes to say that she asked him if he's so well behaved at home and he whispers (with a smirk), "no.. I am crrrrraaaa-zy at home." I laughed so hard! At least he's honest.
Took Brock to the dentist and overheard this:
Dentist: "What is your name??"
Brock: "Brock-y"
Dentist: "humm.. Brock-y, do you have any brothers and sisters?"
Brock: "Yep, Brodey, Beans and Sushi"
Brock is still REALLY traumatized over frosting. He runs screaming when I put Lyla in cupcake pajamas, has asked me several times if I'm going to put frosting on Lucy's birthday cake next week.. and today when I told him it was Uncle Myles' birthday he got a horrified look on his face and asked if Myles was going to eat frosting. I bought him a "frosty" from Wendy's and he wouldn't eat it because he thought I said "frosting" and he couldn't stop thinking about it. Poor buddy. I wonder if he'll ever get over his queasy-ness to frosting!
Lucy's new favorite things: emptying the dishwasher onto the floor, and playing in the toilet. When we bust her and she hears us coming she really starts splashing.. it's almost like she's trying to jump in there. So gross. Even grosser... Jeff doesn't think it's gross! Last time she did it he wasn't even going to change her wet shirt! Gross.
Beans sometimes says words with all her letters mixed up. And it's so cute that I never correct her! (I know, terrible.. I can't help it) My favorite right now is: Pa-chack, would you ever know what she was saying??? Chapstick! I love it.
She also loves to have her fingernails and toenails painted. Also loves playing in mud and jumping on the bed.
Last night Brodey sat down and read a whole book to me. HE read to ME. Amazing. The book was: How do Dinosaurs Get Well Soon. (Thank you Clint and Kristin.. it's still a favorite!) I'm so proud of him and can't believe he is reading! And loosing teeth left and right, and according to our giant ruler.. he seems to have grown 3 inches since school started. 3 inches!
Anyhow.. can't end without a picture! Jeff found Lyla like this last night... asleep with her feet on the floor and her head on her bed!??? Sweet girl.





No comments:
Post a Comment